one45 is a leader in cloud-based solutions for medical education management in North America. We’re on a mission to change medical education for the better by making educators more proactive and effective at training the next generation of doctors and health-care professionals.
Work somewhere incredible
As a one45 Product Designer you will be a member of an extremely passionate development team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated designer to create effective product designs for one45’s product offerings.
Create effective product designs
- Use customer discovery techniques to understand problem space deeply
- Rapidly and confidently create multiple potential solutions to customer problems (using prototyping tools)
- Test solutions cheaply, quickly, and effectively with users
- Demonstrate how designs will achieve agreed-upon business results
Raise the profile of design
- Develop (with the rest of the product team) a compelling visiontype for our company and product offerings
- Own key product results (such as usage and adoption), with the rest of the product team
- Present regularly to company on design principles
- Create and own guiding design elements within one45 (style guide, etc).
- Develop a shared design language for the company
Sync design across everything
- Clearly articulate proposed designs (using prototypes and other materials) to engineering. Participate in design reviews
- Build a shared understanding within our team of the user’s current experience and challenges (with our products and beyond)
- Respond rapidly and decisively to questions from engineering about proposed designs
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Solid experience in prototyping and interaction design with enterprise or consumer products.
- Passionate about design, driven to be a great designer for design’s sake
- Master of communication and the ability to clearly articulate design work with solid rationale that uses research and data
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Fluency in commonly used design software and related tools (Sketch, InVision, Adobe CS, etc.)
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate them into high-fidelity designs
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- UX expertise, specifically in the implementation of user testing and research throughout the design process.
At one45, we thrive on shared values and a constant desire to delight our customers beyond their wildest expectations. Working at one45, you’ll meet some of the brightest and most enthusiastic people the tech scene has to offer.
- Employers paid extended healthcare, MSP coverage, dental, and life insurance.
- Personal days and flexible hours.
- 3-weeks paid vacation each year (increases yearly).
- Weekly personal 1:1s with a focus on developing your career in the direction you want to go.
- Fully stocked kitchen with limitless snacks, sodas, fruit, etc.
- Legendary summer and winter staff parties.
- Monthly team events (team lunches, hikes, yearly Vancouver Sun Run Team, etc).
- In-office beer/wine + games (darts, board games, etc) for those quiet Friday afternoons.
Sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you. Apply here: https://bit.ly/2tgg8Gf
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps. No phone calls or agencies please.