Intermediate Software Developer (Unify)
one45 is a leader in cloud-based solutions for medical education management in North America. We’re on a mission to change medical education for the better by making educators more proactive and effective at training the next generation of doctors and health-care professionals.
Work somewhere incredible
As a one45 full-stack developer you will be a member of an extremely passionate development team. We’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated software developers looking for new challenges in big data; including creating ingenious data integrations, rock solid ETL pipelines, and data visualizations that sing.
You’ll be responsible for developing core features from front-end UI to backend DB on a new and ambitious SaaS product looking to change the education landscape in massive ways.
Create high-quality code
- Building a complete data warehousing solution to extract, transform, clean, model, and analyze data from internal and external marketplace products.
- Work with Product Management and Development in cross-functional, Agile teams to design and develop new product features.
- Execute the full lifecycle of software development from initial design through development and testing to deployment.
- Write well designed, testable code that meets our coding standards.
- Contribute to test plans for manual and automated testing; develop automated tests.
Embark on a bold new adventure
- Develop and implement policies to strengthen and improve the quality of evolving code.
- Guide and build database designs, implementation, refactoring and optimization efforts.
- Segment portions of functionality into modularized services for long term reliability.
Train the padawans
- Review & test other developers code and provide feedback.
- Focus on self-improvement and productivity gains for yourself and others.
- Coach and mentor junior developers to solve challenges faster and achieve higher velocity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 4+ years experience with object oriented programming such as PHP, Java or Python (experience working with Pandas and DataFrame a plus!)
- Strong, data analytics professional with a proven record of creating, managing, and enhancing data warehouse and business intelligence initiatives
- Experience using package management systems (e.g. pip, composer, npm).
- Experience with Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora)
- Comfortable utilizing a version control system, such as Git or Bitbucket.
- Practical experience with TDD and Unit Testing
- Strong understanding of SOLID Development Principles
- Professional experience working within a LAMP stack development environment.
- Professional experience using a workflow builder (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, Oozie)
- Knowledge of OWASP and security conscious development
- Design and implementation of Data visualizations with large data sets.
- Hands-on experience of writing, debugging, and optimizing ETL processes.
- Continuous integration knowledge involving Jenkins, Docker or equivalent integration tools.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies and Big Data.
- Experience with REST API development and security.
- Site performance improvement and optimization knowledge.
At one45, we thrive on shared values and a constant desire to delight our customers beyond their wildest expectations. Working at one45, you’ll meet some of the brightest and most enthusiastic people the tech scene has to offer.
- Employers paid extended healthcare, MSP coverage, dental, and life insurance.
- Personal days and flexible hours.
- 3-weeks paid vacation each year (increases yearly).
- Weekly personal 1:1s with a focus on developing your career in the direction you want to go.
- Fully stocked kitchen with limitless snacks, sodas, fruit, etc.
- Legendary summer and winter staff parties.
- Optional in-office team events (team lunches, hikes, yearly Vancouver Sun Run Team, etc).
- In-office beer/wine + games (darts, board games, etc) for those quiet Friday afternoons.
Sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you. Apply here: https://bit.ly/3bxz059
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps. No phone calls or agencies please.