Intermediate Software Developer (Core Products)
one45 is a leader in cloud-based solution for medical education management in North America. We’re on a mission to change medical education for the better by making educators more proactive and effective at training the next generation of doctors and health-care professionals.
Work somewhere incredible
As a one45 full-stack developer you will be a member of an extremely passionate development team. We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic software developer to help drive the one45 platform into the next decade of medical education.
You’ll be responsible for full stack development of new features and enhancements. You will be working alongside (and receiving mentorship from) experienced senior developers, having the opportunity to focus on the skills and responsibilities that interest you. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow and expand their career while having fun with some of the brightest and most enthusiastic people the tech scene has to offer.
Create high-quality code
- Work with Product Management and Development in cross-functional, Agile teams to develop new product features and legacy system enhancements.
- Execute the full lifecycle of software development from initial solution design through development and testing to deployment.
- Write well designed (readable, maintainable, scalable, testable) code that meets our coding standards.
- Design test plans and develop automated tests.
Spearhead the next generation of one45
- You will be initiating and leading one of one45’s largest projects: an overhaul and redesign of the front-end of our core product.
- Through research, experience, and experiments, recommend mobile compatible design solutions to implement the product designer’s recommendations.
- Develop and implement policies to strengthen and improve the quality of evolving code, making sure new front-end tools and practices are put in place and are being adopted by our culture.
Train the padawans
- Review & test other developers code and provide feedback.
- Focus on self-improvement and productivity gains for yourself and others.
- Coach and mentor junior developers and co-op students, to help them become proficient, confident, increasingly independent, and happy to be on our team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 4+ years experience with object oriented programming such as PHP (preferred), Java or Python
- At least 3 years of experience building and maintaining enterprise customer-facing products
- Experience with a modern front-end JS framework for at least 2+ years (Angular, Node, React, Vue, etc) and comfortable working with responsive design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- In-depth experience with SQL and relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL, etc)
- You keep up with the latest software development practices/trends, you genuinely care about writing good code to solve problems, and you continually improve your skills to stay on top of your craft.
- Professional experience using PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony.
- Strong UI/UX skill and understanding of Usability
- Experience with multiple modern front-end JS frameworks
- SOLID Development Principles
- Knowledge of OWASP and security conscious development
- Continuous integration knowledge involving Jenkins or equivalent integration tools.
- Experience with REST API development, consumption and security.
- Site performance improvement and optimization knowledge.
At one45, we thrive on shared values and a constant desire to delight our customers beyond their wildest expectations.
- Employers paid extended healthcare, MSP coverage, dental, and life insurance.
- Personal days and flexible hours.
- 3-weeks paid vacation each year (increases yearly).
- Weekly personal 1:1s with a focus on developing your career in the direction you want to go.
- Fully stocked kitchen with limitless snacks, sodas, fruit, etc.
- Legendary summer and winter staff parties.
- Optional in-office team events (team lunches, hikes, yearly Vancouver Sun Run Team, etc).
- In-office beer/wine + games (darts, board games, etc) for those quiet Friday afternoons.
Sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you. Apply here: https://bit.ly/37iSTtd
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps. No phone calls or agencies please.