DevOps Engineer (Unify)
one45 is a leader in cloud-based solutions for medical education management in North America. We’re on a mission to change medical education for the better by making educators more proactive and effective at training the next generation of doctors and health-care professionals.
Work somewhere incredible
As a one45 DevOps Engineer you will be a member of an extremely passionate development team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual seeking new challenges in the growth and expansion of a big data platform; within scaling design, implementation, data integrations, ETL pipelines, and data visualizations.
You’ll be responsible for helping our infrastructure and development teams grow and expand our big data product, Unify. If you are passionate about the challenges of scale, utilizing cutting edge technologies and making distributed applications easy, dependable and reliable – then this is the role for you!
Explore and design new infrastructure
- Design, build and maintain an automated software development infrastructure in order to automate and streamline daily business processes. Including: source control, build servers as well as multiple test and deployment environments, to achieve repeatable, reliable releasing
- Craft processes and implement tools to manage multiple AWS instances for internal development and external customer releases
- Implement policies, procedures and tooling to ensure the security of all internal and external systems
- Research, evaluate and new cloud technology options and process improvements and vendor products
- Build high-quality distributed systems and segment portions of functionality into modularized services for long term reliability
Keep the trains running on time
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with customers and the development team to streamline code deployment and issue resolution.
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Create and maintain documentation as required for maintenance and rollout of deliverables.
- Automate and streamline day-to-day business tasks and processes. Explore, test and integrate new tools
Sync tightly across teams
- Work as a technical contact with development and discovery teams to address build issues, resourcing and improvements
- Create, modify, maintain and respond decisively to questions from development about proposed modifications, pipeline and workflow tools
- Collaborate with team members to maintain, enhance a shared understanding of challenges and solutions facing business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-5 years of experience in a DevOps role
- Experience with DevOps tools: AWS (Cloud infrastructure), Ansible (Chef, Puppet), Git, Jenkins (GitLab) and Docker
- Strong knowledge of navigating Linux servers and Networking
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment/performance issues.
- Familiar working knowledge of database concepts
- Experience orchestrating and deploying application with Docker and Kubernetes
- Professional experience working within Microsoft Windows Server and/or Microsoft technology stack
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and scaling out an application/services
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools: Zabbix, Prometheus, Datadog, etc
At one45, we thrive on shared values and a constant desire to delight our customers beyond their wildest expectations. Working at one45, you’ll meet some of the brightest and most enthusiastic people the tech scene has to offer.
- Employers paid extended healthcare, MSP coverage, dental, and life insurance.
- Personal days and flexible hours.
- 3-weeks paid vacation each year (increases yearly).
- Weekly personal 1:1s with a focus on developing your career in the direction you want to go.
- Fully stocked kitchen with limitless snacks, sodas, fruit, etc.
- Legendary summer and winter staff parties.
- Optional in-office team events (team lunches, hikes, yearly Vancouver Sun Run Team, etc).
- In-office beer/wine + games (darts, board games, etc) for those quiet Friday afternoons.
Sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you. Apply here: https://bit.ly/31UrfBv
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps. No phone calls or agencies please.